It’s been a while since I’ve done a “list” post. You know, Things That Irritated Me, Things I Like, whatever. But I’m not sure I have enough things of any particular category. So, here’s a mixed list of various Things that have caught my attention lately one way or another.
- Adventures in Transcription. The hospital where I work uses a software program to transcribe doctors’ history and physicals. Sometimes, the program gets it not-quite-right. Like when it tried to tell me the doctor said the patient had a “buttock contact” and then provided that buttock’s phone number. Or insisted the patient who’d been in several times in the past with DTs was six years old instead of sixty. Fun times :)
- Just now — JUST RIGHT NOW THIS MINUTE — my hubby and I were watching some kind of documentary about the moment of death (don’t ask me the name or the actual point, I wasn’t paying that much attention) and some doctor said something about how a person can be “mostly dead”. MOSTLY DEAD! And he was serious! Ha, how we laughed! We really did, we both laughed and did the whole Miracle Max thing *g*
- Attack of the Racoons. Okay, not really. But racoons have been in front of my eyeballs more than usual lately for some reason. A week or so ago when I was out running, the gang of dogs at the trailer a couple of miles from my house were barking at something they had up a tree, and I looked and saw they’d treed a racoon. In the middle of the afternoon. For those of you who don’t know about racoons, this is VERY VERY BAD, because racoons are nocturnal. If you see them out in the daytime, that usually means they have rabies. So that did not make me very happy. Then last week, I saw two racoons digging around in my front yard when I got up to get ready for work. I didn’t worry about rabies that time, because it was only starting to get light out and they were gone by the time I’d finished making coffee, but still. SO MANY RACOONS, WTF??
- Mopeds Behaving Badly. Well, the driver behaving badly, since a Moped can’t actually behave any way at all. But, in any case, this morning when I was heading down the on ramp getting ready to merge onto the interstate on my way to the EDJ, I couldn’t help but notice an intrepid soul on a Moped (or Liquor-Cycle as the trauma docs like to call them) puttering along on the shoulder. He wasn’t going fast enough to be in any danger of getting hit by me, thankfully, since I really didn’t want to kill or main anyone today. I’m assuming he didn’t get hit by anyone else either, since he wasn’t on the news tonight, but I do wonder how big of a ticket he got, since there’s no way in hell he outran the inevitable morning cops on a Moped.
- FOUR DAYS UNTIL BEACH WEEK STARTS! The family and I leave Saturday morning for the beach, and my very favorite week of the entire year. Yep, I noticed that :)
Written by Ally Blue
Ally is a rich and famous author of hot gay manlove. She travels the world in her private jet, being waited on hand and foot by her team of pretty young men who bring her umbrella drinks and make out for her pleasure . . . Okay, so that's her dream life. Her novels of Manlove & Angst are mostly written in her living room, in between working at the Evil Day Job and doing Mom Stuff. Oh, the glamorous life of an author!
Visit The Author's Website