I’ve spent most of the last week in Albuquerque, NM at GayRomLit, the one and only retreat specifically for readers, writers and publishers of gay romance to all get together with the people who understand us best, cut loose and have the time of our lives. I tell you what, I’ve been to a lot of romance conferences, and this one was far and away the best. The Hard Rock Hotel was fabulous, the retreat was beautifully organized and executed, and every single person I met was so friendly and welcoming. I felt like I was with family, only better because no one there thinks I’m evil because I’m an atheist. LOL.
There were so many memorable moments it’s pretty much impossible to list them all, but here are a few standouts:
- Shopping the Turquoise Trail with my buds Jet Mykles, Jade Buchanan, and Mama Kris Jacen. We’ll always have Madrid, girls!
- Closing down the casino bar at the Hard Rock with a whole crowd of my GRL peeps. Why don’t they stay open ALL night? Although maybe it’s a good thing they don’t, hmmm…
- The lovely and adorable Jared Rackler dancing onstage with the equally lovely Damon Suede at the Gentleman’s Juke Joint. Sexy times!
- Our drama-geek crowd singing along and hamming it up to “All That Jazz” at karaoke night. We killed it, y’all! That Jazz!
- Working out next year’s Fiction With Friction GRL plans at the totally awesome 505 Fusion bar with my fellow FWF authors and Mama Kris. Don’t ask ’cause I’m not telling. You’ll have to wait for next year *g*
GRL 2013 will be in Atlanta. Not sure of the exact date but I’m sure that will be announced soon enough. I hope I’ll see everybody there again and meet a whole bunch of new people too! I only have a whole year to look forward to it :D
Written by Ally Blue
Ally is a rich and famous author of hot gay manlove. She travels the world in her private jet, being waited on hand and foot by her team of pretty young men who bring her umbrella drinks and make out for her pleasure . . . Okay, so that's her dream life. Her novels of Manlove & Angst are mostly written in her living room, in between working at the Evil Day Job and doing Mom Stuff. Oh, the glamorous life of an author!
Visit The Author's Website