A few of you might’ve heard about this little reader/author/publisher retreat called GayRomLit happening in Albuquerque, NM in a couple of weeks. (OMG two weeks!!! @_@) A whole bunch of gay romance authors, bloggers, publishers, etc will be attending, along with a whole bunch of TOTALLY AWESOME readers of gay romance. I am attending as an author, though I also have plenty of fangirl moments planned as a reader. Oh yes, I’m a reader as well, and I’ll be gathering plenty of autographs and
stalking politely saying hello to my favorite authors :)
For any Fiction With Friction readers who are attending, I thought I’d list the events, times and places I’ll be during the retreat. If you’re there, please come say hi! I’d so love to meet you :D So here’s my definite concrete schedule, everything else depends on what else is going on at the time.
Wed. Oct. 17
- Shopping in Santa Fe! Hells yeah. And what about Petroglyph National Monument, y’all? I notice it’s not far away. I’ve never been there. Is it worth a trip over? I bet it is.
Thursday Oct. 18
- 2:10 p.m. to 3:05: I’m doing a reading at the 505 Fusion Bar. Obviously I’m not reading the whole time, LOL. Other authors reading are Ethan Day, Cherie Noel, and Christopher Koehler. I haven’t decided for sure what to read yet but it’ll be a selection from one of my newer books.
- 3:20 to 4:15: Scrapbooking with the Rainbow Romance Writers, in the Rio Grande Room. This is something new and different but it sounds fun. A bunch of members of the official GLBT chapter of the Romance Writers of America are bringing scrapbooks pages, covers, and various fun stuff to pimp them up with and you can come on by and put together your own scrapbook. I’m planning on signing my pages so mine will be autographed :)
- 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.: MLR Press opening reception, ballroom B&C. Food, cash bar and comments from the organizers. Did I mention food and liquor? Yeah. LOL
- 9:00 to midnight: Gentleman’s Juke Joint in the Seminar Room. Let me put it this way. The description says “nearly nekkid cowboys.” ‘Nuff said *g*
Friday Oct. 19
- 5:00 p.m. to 6:00: MLR Press Day of the Dead party, off site in Old Town Albuquerque. Sangrias, y’all! I love Sangrias. We’ll be honoring friends we’ve lost — like Bill Neal, who we all miss and will mourn at this retreat — so this will be bittersweet. But we will raise a glass as friends and colleagues to the people we love and miss who are no longer with us.
Could’ve sworn there was more this day o_O Actually I will be doing more, it’s just that it’s all kind of not set in stone, it all depends. For instance, Jet Mykles is having a Q&A at the same time as Jade Buchanan is doing a book reading. OMG WHAT TO DO???? They are both dear friends AND two of my favorite authors so this is a difficult choice. Sigh.
Saturday Oct. 20
- 9:00 a.m. to 9:55 a.m.: Tour of Boxer Falls, Rio Grande room. Y’all this is going to be awesome. If you don’t know about Boxer Falls yet, you NEED to check it out. Go to the website, here. Several of the episode authors, including me, will be reading short selections from our episodes, to introduce you to the town of Boxer Falls and its picturesque locations.
- 10:10 a.m. to 11:05 a.m.: Fiction With Friction Fiesta, Rio Grande room. That’s right, the FWF folks are having our own event! Come hang with us and play some traditional Mexican party games! We’ll also have door prizes, including books and other goodies :D
- 2:14 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.: Book signing, in the ballroom (all of them, I’m guessing). I’m not 100% sure which books I’ll be signing yet, but probably Love, Like Ghosts and Shenandoah. I meant to order copies of The Mountain to sign but OF COURSE I didn’t do it before the deadline so I guess that one’s out. Sigh. Although if I get my author copies before I leave I may take them with me to sign and sell. If you have a book already that you want me to sign, bring it! You’re allowed :) That goes for all authors. You can bring your own books for authors to sign, or you can buy one there, either way.
So that’s my “hafta be there” schedule. I’ll be plenty of other places. I am SERIOUSLY excited about this. I love meeting new people and talking to old friends and new ones. If you’re going to be there, I want to meet you! See you there, I hope :D
Written by Ally Blue
Ally is a rich and famous author of hot gay manlove. She travels the world in her private jet, being waited on hand and foot by her team of pretty young men who bring her umbrella drinks and make out for her pleasure . . . Okay, so that's her dream life. Her novels of Manlove & Angst are mostly written in her living room, in between working at the Evil Day Job and doing Mom Stuff. Oh, the glamorous life of an author!
Visit The Author's Website